Candidate will support accounting, marketing and general office performing a variety of tasks as assigned by department heads on an as-needed basis. Ideal candidate will possess general accounting, office software & front desk experience or familiarity. Self-starter personality with a can-do attitude and ability to learn with varying amounts of direction are the keys to success in this role.
- AP and AR tasks: Preparing financial documents such as invoices and purchase orders.
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs. Coding accounting entries for data processing. Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts. Handling accruals and prepayments.
- Managing company ledgers, processing business expenses, verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies. Recording office expenditures and managing monthly budgeting tasks.
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source. Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods.
- Marketing Support: CRM reporting and basic desktop publishing. Social media reporting and template-driven post management.
- General Office: Answer and direct phone calls, provide general support to visitors, receive, sort and distribute the mail. Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Develop and update administrative systems to identify greater efficiencies.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite productivity tools
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize industry-specific accounting tools
- Strongly detail-oriented with a heavy focus on maintaining accuracy and integrity of accounts
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask across different types of accounting-related projects
- Professional incoming and outgoing phone manner.
- Plusses: Technical writing of any kind, desktop publishing, social media and CRM experience.
Degree Level: Associates or equivalent experience
Experience: Basic accounting and front office experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
Email us with your resume & references – CLICK HERE
Tobin & Sons Moving and Storage & its Life Science division, Tobin Scientific, have been providing relocation services to the Residential, Commercial, Life Science and Academic markets since 1960. If you are dedicated and ambitious, this is an excellent place to potentially grow your career. Do not hesitate to apply.
Tobin Scientific is a division of Tobin & Sons Moving and Storage, Inc. which provides complete laboratory relocation services. Tobin Scientific is the nation’s only fully integrated, single-source provider of life science laboratory relocation, specializing in frozen biological and cryogenic transportation.
39 Tozer Road
Beverly, MA 01915